Navcoin cares about your financial freedom and privacy. On February 23, 2021, our groundbreaking new privacy protocol (xNAV) was launched on the mainnet. Since that date it is possible to make private transactions on the Navcoin blockchain with fast, low transaction fees, where the privacy of the sender and recipient is protected.
On August 13, 2021, our core developer Alex Vazquez released the first stable version of the NavcoinJS SDK (https://github.com/aguycalled/navcoin-js) which enables Navcoin’s privacy technology to be used on mobile devices as open source on Github. This SDK provides the possibility to make private transactions on mobile wallets that almost everyone uses frequently in their daily lives.
As Navcoin developers, we attach great importance to the development of light and convenient wallets for users who have little knowledge of blockchain technology, where they can easily use Navcoin in their daily lives.
During development and testing, we made improvements under many headings to create the best light wallet experience for our users. We made significant improvements in synchronization of the wallet’s processing speed and shortened the synchronization time to a minimum. Users who create new wallets can synchronize their wallets in 1-2 minutes and can send/receive public or private. After our final tests we have achieved satisfactory results and are pleased to announce the xNAV update to the Navcoin NEXT mobile wallet for October 15, 2021.
With this new update it will be possible to perform four different types of transactions on the NEXT mobile wallet: Public to Public, Public to Private, Private to Private, Private to Public. In addition, you can keep track of your complete transaction history: public and private transactions as well as staking rewards. When making a transaction, you can specify whether the transaction fee is included in the amount sent or deducted from your wallet’s balance.
Full Release Notes
- Upgraded NodeJS version to 14 and Webpack version to 4.
- The application has been redesigned to use the NavcoinJS SDK infrastructure.
- Added private (xNAV) transaction support.
- Added xNAV and actively cold staking balance to the homepage.
- Added Swap button to the homepage for swapping assets between public and private.
- Added support for specifying a custom staking address on the Cold Staking page.
- A button has been added to the cold staking page to stop the Cold Staking process.
- A toggle button has been added to the send page to select the balance (Public, Private) to be used for sending.
- A toggle button has been added to the Send page to specify whether the transaction fee is included in the amount.
- Transaction history page has been redesigned to display public, private and cold staking transactions.
- Added “Zap Wallet” option to the settings page so that the transaction history can be synced again when the wallet is restarted.
- Added clipboard copy buttons for information displayed on Settings / Backup wallet page.
- Added seed phrase verification screen to ensure that the wallet owner backs up seed phrases during the new wallet creation process.
- The icon of the application has been changed to the current one.
- The splash screen image has been changed.
- The icons used in the UI have been updated to the Ionicons 4 package.
- Localization files updated.
Special thanks to Alex Vazquez (@aguycalled) for creating the awesome NavcoinJS SDK and helping with the wallet integration.
A big thank you to our community members who helped us find bugs and provided suggestions during the testing process.
If you have any questions related to this update, don’t hesitate to contact us via Navcoin’s social channels.
Navcoin NEXT Wallet Developer